Awards Entries Closed.
IGDC Awards is an initiative by the India Game Developers Conference to identify and reward Game Developers and Studios across various categories. The nominations are judged by an International jury consisting of leaders from different verticals of the Games industry.
The awards are spread across the below mentioned categories:
- Mobile Game of the Year: Awarded to the game that exemplifies overall excellence as a Mobile Game
- PC/ Console Game of the Year: Awarded to the game that exemplifies overall excellence in the PC & Console Category of games
- Visual Art: Awarded to the game that is visually outstanding
- Game Play: Awarded to the game that has the best game play in the game
- AR/ VR Game of the Year: Awarded to the best game in the AR/ VR Category.
- Indie Game of the Year: Awarded to the game that exemplifies overall excellence made by an Indie/ Indie Team
- Student Game of the Year: Awarded to the game that exemplifies overall excellence made by a Student/ Student Group
- Upcoming Game of the Year: Awarded to the game that exemplifies overall excellence that is unreleased/ under development
- Jury Award for Game with a Climate Change theme: Awarded to the game that has a climate change component in it.
- Popular Choice Award: Awarded to the game which gets more votes by attendees and viewers.
|31st August 2023||Submissions End Date|
|19th October 2023||Announcement of Finalists|
|3rd November 2023||Awards Ceremony|
Rules & Terms for India Game Developer Conference Awards (IGDC Awards) 2023
The following rules and terms will be applicable on games that wish to compete for the awards.
Any video game which has been released, and made publicly available to consumers, between 1st Oct 2022 to 1st Aug 2023, is eligible for nomination under PC/Console Game of the Year, Mobile game of the Year, AR/VR Game of the Year, Indie Game of the Year and Student Game of the Year categories. Upgrades, expansions and mission packs are not eligible.
For the Upcoming Game of the Year category, only games that are scheduled to be released by Dec 2023 are recommended for submissions.
The game submitted should:
- Be owned by an Indian entity and developed in India.
- Be an original work of authorship.
- Not have any objectionable content including but not limited to content that is unnecessarily violent, racist, sexist, offensive, illegal or hateful.
- Not infringe any third party’s intellectual property or privacy.
- Not in any way violate Indian laws.
Rules and Terms for the Award
All game submissions will be reviewed for content and compliance with these Official Rules before being judged. Entries found to be in contravention of the Official Rules or otherwise deemed by the contest organizers, at their sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. The organizers reserve the right to make the final determination as to what games are eligible to take part in this Contest.
- A participant can submit a game for Maximum of Three Award categories only.
- Each participant can make a maximum of THREE submissions in a specific category.
- To be eligible to participate in the Indie Game of the Year category, ownership of the IPs belonging to self-funded Indian entity with less than 20 members is mandatory.
- To not be considered an Indie, please select “Other” option in Employee strength. Selecting employee strength of less than 20 automatically qualifies to be an Indie.
- To be eligible to participate in the Student Game of the Year category, proof of enrolment in an educational institution for the current or last academic year is mandatory.
- A playable build of the game must be submitted in any one of the following formats:
- Accessible link for free download.
- CD/DVD/USB shipped to the IGDC Awards team.
- Distribution platforms like TestFlight
- Installable key (like a Steam key, a Desura key, iTunes Promo Code).
Review and Judging Process
- Judging is a two-step process once all entries are received. First, there will be an internal evaluation for all submitted titles in which IGDC Awards Jury members will select the top five games for each award category.
- Once the final nominees are selected for each category, a Jury panel will cast their final votes to determine the winners in each category.
- IGDC shall not be liable to give any explanation to anyone for disqualification of entries.
- If there are no suitable entries, the jury may decline to appoint a winner for any category.
- The decision of the jury in all matters pertaining to the awards will be final and binding.
- Winners will be announced during the IGDC Awards ceremony at IGDC 2023 on the 3rd of November 2023.
Recognition and Prizes
- Press releases will be issued mentioning the winners of the awards, and the prizes awarded to them.
- Opportunity for coverage and interviews in the news – in popular media forms – Online, TV, newspaper, radio etc. (Including regular sources of information related to game development).
- The winners and runners-up will receive citations from the awards for their accomplishment.
- All games that have won or were amongst the final shortlist will be given an option to display their game at the conference at a very nominal price or Free depending on availability of booth.
- Finalists of the Indie, PC/Console, Mobile, AR/VR awards will automatically qualify for the scrutiny round for Investor-Publisher Connect.
- Voting for the Popular Choice award will be done by the audience on the first 2 days of the conference through physical or virtual votings.
- Developers who reach the finalist stage for the awards will receive two complimentary passes to the IGDC 2023.
- The jury’s decision is final as far as the awards are concerned, while the organisers decision is final as far as the organisation of the awards are concerned.
- The participants understand and acknowledge that the organisers are working with the best intentions to organise the awards. However, due to shortage of insights or limitations of resources, unforeseen mistakes may occur. As the IGDC Awards team, we’ll be in constant touch and request your timely feedback in such scenarios.